NetCentrics Corporation is an information technology consulting, software development, and innovation process management firm. We help our clients become more productive and innovative by improving their information systems and internal processes. We specialize in network design, installation and management, software development, process improvement and innovation.
NetCentrics is looking for experienced Mid-Level Service Desk Analysts to support our team in Alexandria, VA. This position is open only to candidates with an active Secret DOD security clearance . The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing end user support relative to software, hardware, and network assistance. The Service Desk Analyst’s delivery is predicated on Tier 2 diagnostic experience and judgment as well as the application of pre-established workflow procedures and instructions to identify research and resolve technical problems. Additionally the SD Analyst documents, tracks and monitors the incidents, and work orders to ensure a timely resolution.
Specific Areas of Responsibility :
- Establish tier 1 as the single point of contact for all user requests and incidents
- Maintain full ownership of ticket through its lifecycle
- Provide first call resolution or triage for all calls
- Ensure that for every call and/or reported event a ticket is created in both a timely and accurate manner. This one call/one ticket method provides effective tracking of all incidents and service requests. In the cases where a single incident has effected multiple users, this method of creating a ticket for each reported instance and attaching it to a master ticket will allow for impact analysis on the outage
- Verify user contact and asset information, categorize ticket accurately, and populate ticket with full description of event
- Utilize the knowledge base and other support documentation to identify, isolate, diagnose and resolve end users technical problems and provide information and status as requested
- Enter all troubleshooting performed and, if applicable, the resolution.
- Escalate tickets to the appropriate support group if required by warm transfer
- If support requests cannot be resolved expeditiously, or if the team lacks the permissions or access to correctly resolve the incident/service request, then the issue is escalated to the appropriate support team including the Desk Side and Network Operations teams
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level 2 compliance; Security+ preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of PC and Desktop hardware
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Working technical knowledge of current operating systems, and standards
- Ability to launch and operate desktop diagnostic tools to perform remote diagnostics
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- This position is open only to candidates with an active DOD security clearance.
- Willing to support weekend rotation
- Experienced in SLA/KPI environment
- Experience with Remedy ticketing software
The right candidate must appreciate and exemplify the NetCentrics culture as described by our Core Values.
- Certifications from Microsoft is preferred
- Help Desk Institute Certification preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regarding to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
NetCentrics Corporation - 4 months ago