Period of Performance: 2/13/2013 through 2/12/2014
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
The Earth Observation System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing.
A software developer is needed to support software development on NASA’s EOSDIS Evolution & Development (EED) program, which involves the maintenance and evolution of the EOSDIS Core System (ECS) system. The ECS system ingests, distributes, and stores on-line earth science data. This system is currently operational at 3 NASA Data Centers. This system runs on a Linux platform and is implemented largely in Java and C++.
The Associate or Mid-level Software Developer (SDPS) shall support development of custom code and integration of COTS software for current, future, and past releases of system software, including support to multiple subsystem components. The software developer shall perform design, development, integration, and test in support of software deliveries. The software developer shall follow established Raytheon and EED processes, work as an integrated team member on the EED Project, and work with less experienced developers. The software developer shall be familiar with and follow the program schedules and meet the established program milestones. This position may require technical leadership capabilities, as the individual may lead a team of less experienced software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of directly applicable work experience in supporting development and sustainment of a large system in a Linux environment; 3 years is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience writing Java, C++, and other high level language code is required.
- A minimum of 1 year experience with Perl and shell scripts, and writing and maintaining software documentation is required.
- ECS/EMD Project experience a plus.
- Experience in integration of large complex systems desired. Experience with Sybase, Selenium, Tomcat, TestTrack Pro, and Sun Java System Web Server a plus.
- Required Education (including Major): B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mathematics.
Hawk Institute for Space Sciences - 2 years ago