Mid-Level Software Engineer
Location: Work in Chantilly, VA
Security Requirement: TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
AIS, Inc. is looking for a mid-level software engineer (4-6 years exp.) to support an exciting cyber and application software development project, to include C/C++, Python and Internals. This person would work as part of a team; sometimes the lead on efforts. Solutions often require creative thinking and detailed implementation. This work involves incredibly challenging technical work, proof of concept development, and agile development in support of classified applications. Work locations: Herndon, VA and nearby area
Roles and Responsibilities
- Performing C/C++, Python, Advanced Python Programming (use of Visual Studio)
- Developing Windows Applications and services (driver experience desired)
- Understanding of technical issues surrounding the designing, building and testing of software development kits supporting Windows platforms and frameworks
- Coding experience on Intel or AMD platforms
- Software configuration management
- Performing Windows (and some Macintosh) programming for 32-bit (and 64-bit) systems
- Software Reverse Engineering (including IDA-Pro experience)
- Understanding computer, network hacker techniques and methodologies to include application and mitigation techniques
- Understanding public exploits and awareness of new unpublished exploits
- Applied knowledge/experience developing and testing applications on Windows and Linux systems
- Understanding and experience using intrusion detection programs, firewalls and standard operating features such as Kaspersky, Norton/Symantec, McAfee, Zone Alarm and AVG-AV.
- Software architecture and API development
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen and have U.S. DoD TS/SCI with FullScope Poly Security Clearance. Applicants are expected to maintain their clearance and be eligible for access to classified information.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline. Have at least four ( 4) years of experience and related skills in software architecture, software requirements definition, design of computer software projects, software interface specifications, software coding, and software testing.
Have at least two ( 2) years’ experience with C/C++, Java, and Python.
AIS, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Assured Information Security, Inc - 2 years ago