Full-time position working out of Progeny Systems headquarters in Manassas VA. Candidate will work on a fast-paced integrated product development team which includes representatives from multiple contracting organizations and DoD laboratory entities. The work involves integration and test of distributed, net-centric system-of-systems with specific needs on the Navy’s Undersea Warfare Decision Support System (USWDSS) program, which provides at sea situational awareness, mission planning, monitoring and execution capabilities.
The candidate will be responsible for numerous software engineering activities for USWDSS, as the team rapidly develops and fields both prototypes and production versions of the system. Activities also involve assistance in the definition and use of internal process improvement, engineering practices and quality control standards such as Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI), IEEE 12207 and International Organization for Standardization (ISO).
General areas of responsibility include:
- Participation in the software engineering lifecycle, from requirements gathering, analysis and documentation to production support and maintenance
- Design, development, testing and delivery of software artifacts to support customer requirements
- Technical leadership and ownership of component development and supporting technical documentation
- Experience using Java
- Experience using XML, XQuery, XSLT, etc…
- Experience in web application development, design, implementation (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Google Web Toolkit (GWT))
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Commensurate pay for Willing to travel occasionally within Continental United States (CONUS), and less frequently Outside CONUS (OCONUS) and foreign countries
- Ability to obtain DOD security clearance
- Desire to work within the entire software engineering lifecycle
- A quick learner and adaptable to new technologies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- 5-10 years of professional experience
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) development, design, implementation experience
- Semantic Web development, design, implementation experience
- Familiarity with ISO, CMMI and/or IEEE 12207 standards
- Navy Combat Control (C2) system experience
- Current DoD clearance
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance. Equal Opportunity Employer: EOE (M/F/D/V)
Apply To This Job
Progeny - 30+ days ago
Progeny is the leading independent provider of custom Linux technology. Our custom Linux platform development and maintenance technologies s...