Interest Sub Category:
Job Title :
Mid-Level Wildlife Biologist
Type of Position:
• BA/BS in ecology, wildlife biology, environmental studies, or related discipline
• 4+ years working as a wildlife biologist conducting field surveys, preparing CEQA/NEPA documents, and regulatory permitting under CESA/ESA
• Capable of designing and leading protocol-level wildlife field surveys in Central Valley, foothill, and montane habitats in northern California
• Experience with GPS and MS Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint Word)
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Do the best work of your life!
The Environmental Planning Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented senior to mid-level wildlife biologist for immediate employment in the Sacramento office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in wildlife biology, environmental documentation, and regulatory permitting in northern California. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to projects including protocol-level field surveys for general and special-status nesting birds and raptors, reptiles and amphibians, and mammals.
• Lead protocol-level field surveys for special-status wildlife in northern California.
• Prepare CEQA/NEPA sections related to wildlife impacts and develop feasible mitigation measures
• Prepare regulatory permit applications under CESA/ESA, Sec. 1600, Sec. 404
• Complete field monitoring, documentation, and reporting to meet impact avoidance, minimization, and mitigation measures
• Conduct habitat assessments using existing environmental documents, databases, aerial image interpretation, and reconnaissance-level field investigations
• Prepare and manage scopes of work, schedules, and budgets to conduct wildlife studies or environmental reviews
• Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, site conditions and regulatory agency specifications.
• This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource to best serve the needs of the URS Corporation.
• The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
This position is advertised as a full-time position in the URS Sacramento office, but accommodation of a part-time schedule and/or alternate work locations may be considered.
URS Corporation - 2 years ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...