Marathon Oil Corporation is an international energy company engaged in exploration and production; oil sands mining; and integrated gas. Marathon Oil has a major leasehold position in the core of the Eagle Ford Shale formation in South Texas. The Company holds acreage in the Eagle Ford, focusing on Atascosa, DeWitt, Gonzales, and Karnes counties.
Marathon Oil Company is looking for an experienced Mid-Stream Supervisor for our Kenedy location as part of our Eagle Ford shale resource play. The Mid-Stream Supervisor will guide all operations of the Sugarloaf Compression Station and Processing plant near Kenedy, TX. The direct reports of this position include field operators, measurement technicians, as well as managing relationships with third party contractors and marketers. This role will be responsible for the treatment and sale of all gas and NGL product from the Kenedy area fields as well as guiding the local team and ensuring strong working relationships with other Eagle-Ford business groups. Excellent communication with Operations, Marketing, Construction and Facilities Engineering, and production data personnel is essential. Candidate will work with MOC regulatory, PSM facilitators and governmental agencies to comply with state and local regulations and maintain Marathon’s reputation as a Safe, Clean and Responsible operator.
- Lead, supervise, and provide direction for all employees and contractors working within the area of responsibility. Manage contractor usage to achieve safe and cost-effective operations.
- Continue to drive the Safety Culture and ensure safe and environmentally responsible work practices by clearly communicating and living HES values, leading Company BBS, GPS assessments and auditing programs, and ensure timely investigation and effective corrective actions are implemented on incidents/near misses to prevent recurrence. Ensure that all Company and contract employees remain in compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Manage all ongoing aspects of gas delivery operations including nomination, dispatch, inventory control, measurement, production, operational and Government reporting.
- Operate the Sugarloaf Compression Station at optimum rates by expedient resolution of operating issues, managing preventative maintenance, and optimizing planned down time.
- Maintain and develop operating, maintenance, safety and regulatory compliance procedures as required to ensure compliance with technical, contractual, financial, audit, and operational requirements in order to maximize the safety, reliability, and efficiency of the existing operation.
- Seek new and innovative enhancement opportunities and work closely with Operations & Construction to ensure that the design & technologies used best suit the application and that the facility continues to meet planned production. Once changes are identified, supervise the implementation of modifications and improvements.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external processes and regulations for all changes, including coordination with the appropriate internal groups for Management of Change, PSSR, PSM, and more.
- Establish and maintain communication with sales and technical representatives of outside firms to keep abreast of equipment capabilities and new developments; establish and maintain contacts with representatives of gas and NGL shippers and potential shippers to keep current on industry conditions and related transportation industries for the purpose of evaluating new development and system needs.
- Supervise and assist to ensure accurate gas and NGL measurement is in place and maintained. Direct loss control inspections/ practices and conduct detailed analysis of disputed contract matters including performance of root cause failure analysis, internal auditing, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Assist in annual OPEX budget preparation, and work collaboratively with Accounting and Marketing for month end billing and reporting.
- Maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including contract companies, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
Education: HS Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: 5+ years gas plant operations or qualified oil & gas field experience in a lead capacity is required. Gas plant and mid-stream supervisory experience is highly preferred. Experience in pipe line operation, well operations (gas lift, plunger lift, pumping units) and workover/well intervention is also preferred.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products, SAP, Management of Change system, TOW
Certifications: None Required
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 18 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...