The Field Quality Ranger acts as the first line of defense for Field Quality related issues in their territory. They are the eyes and ears in the market and report solution-based findings back to the National Quality Manager and their respective sales teams. The Field Quality Ranger is also the technical expert in the territory, providing training and education for retailers, distributors, and New Belgium sales staff. This position will require extensive travel throughout the assigned region, diplomatic communication skills, and a high attention to detail. Like all members of the NBB sales team, the Quality Ranger is required to have fun while being a New Belgium Ambassador! The successful candidate will be based in the Chicago-land area. Their primary area of focus will be an approximate 10 state region in the mid-west (The exact territory is to be determined, and may change over time).
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Focus primarily on top 20 to 25 wholesalers in assigned region (definitive focus list will be assigned).
• Ensure the completion of the New Belgium Quality Measurement Tools: Weekly Surveys, Monthly Line Cleaning Trackers, and Quality Audits
• Be viewed as a “value-added” component for New Belgium to distributors, retailers, and sales teams.
• Each market visit will consist of an on-premise, off-premise, and warehouse survey as well as a ride-along with a draught technician.
• Regular quality trainings will be administered for distributor sales staff, draught technicians, retailers, and NBB sales staff.
• Be able to effectively report strengths, opportunities, and action plans for each market using objective, numbers-based, criteria.
• Ability to constantly and continually follow-up on all market goals and action plans.
• Gently yet effectively hold up brewery ideals against the sometimes harsh realities of the distributor and retail world.
• Be able to achieve and/or maintain NBB Quality Standards in entire distributor universe in order to make NBB the leader in Field Quality.
Quality and Market Knowledge:
• Develop a thorough understanding of all post-brewery issues that can cause changes to beer flavor (including warehousing, delivery, account storage in the on and off premise, and dispense).
• Develop an understanding of draught beer dispense systems and how design and maintenance can effect product quality.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the elements of beer line cleaning and be able to comfortably execute and teach New Belgium approved methods.
• Develop relationships with key people at each distributor.
• Develop relationships with local brewer’s guilds and organizations.
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and follow-up
• Effective time-management skills and ability to work alone
• Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
• Ability/Desire to travel regularly (2-3 trips/month)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Ability to artfully and effectively communicate between multiple groups
• High attention to detail
• Strong problem solving abilities
• Ability to taste and smell beer
• Highly motivated
• Passion for quality
• Must have a squeaky clean driving record as a company vehicle will be provided with this position. Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted on candidates.
Desired Skills and Attributes, but not Necessary:
• Background in draught beer (line maintenance, troubleshooting, and design)
• Sales/customer service background
• Comfortable and effective public speaker
• Beer Geek
• Proficient beer taster
• Previous beverage industry experience
• Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications should include the candidate’s salary requirements.
New Belgium Brewing Company employees enjoy: competitive wages and salaries, a generous benefits package including: life, health, dental insurance, 401(k), participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and a Profit Sharing plan.