Mastery Charter Schools is seeking dynamic and passionate middle school English teachers (grades 6-9) to lead our urban school turn-around efforts in Philadelphia. Mastery teachers work to create a warm and welcoming school culture that is driven by student achievement, and are committed to outrageously high expectations and high support for students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement Mastery’s curriculum and utilize classroom routines and procedures with consistency
- Develop rigorous lesson plans, homework assignments and assessments
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Form and maintain relationships with students’ families, including phone calls and conferences
- Participate in on-going professional development in the spirit of continuous improvement
Education and Experience:
- Ability to adjust instructional strategies in order to reach year-end goals
- Receptiveness to feedback and a desire to continuously improve
- A strong sense of personal accountability for student achievement
- A belief that all students should be held to high standards
- A positive attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- Outstanding instructional skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge students and maintain an orderly classroom environment
Physical Requirements: Standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, speaking loudly and clearly, seeing and hearing things both near and far away, stooping, kneeling, fine finger and hand manipulation in use of a computer, chalkboard, dry erase board or projector.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Must have or be working towards teacher certification
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Classroom teaching experience in an urban school setting
- Documented experience using data-driven instruction to achieve significant student gains
Mastery Charter Schools - 12 months ago
Mastery is a growing non-profit charter school network recognized nationally for our work in school turnarounds and dramatic student...