Job Title: Middleware/Transaction Procg Senior Technologist
Job ID: 04791
Division : Information Services
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Middleware/Transaction Processing Senior Technologist is responsible for the proper functioning of middleware, ETL (extract, transform and load), and transaction processing systems which are key components of business systems enabling communication and management of data in distributed applications. Middleware Technologists Primary Technologies supported are WSI, WebSphere MQ, EDI & MFT. They will participate in Daily Support, Projects, along with researching/reviewing technical solutions. They are also responsible for infrastructure technologies such as database, middleware, content management, system management, network, security, server, operating system, storage, and workstations.
Depending on qualifications, candidates can be considered at the higher (Specialist) level.
The Middleware/Transaction Processing Senior Technologist is responsible for the proper functioning of middleware, ETL (extract, transform and load), and transaction processing systems which are key components of business systems enabling communication and management of data in distributed applications. Senior Technologists participate in client and infrastructure projects analyzing project requirements and solution designs to assure that systems are functionally appropriate, technically valid, and well integrated in accordance with the business user requirements and I/S standards. Participates in the research and review of technical solution alternatives and proposals for systems solutions.
- System Support (60%)
- Provides advanced (second) level support.
- With the support of senior staff, escalates problems to external vendors as necessary, ensuring prompt and accurate resolution.
- Maintains procedures, standards and methods for team members and other I/S colleagues.
- Assists technologists who are less experienced in a specific technology.
- Assists in evaluating the operational characteristics of installed software by utilizing available tools to monitor usage trends, reliability, and availability. Working with those that support client applications, identifies and resolves issues to maintain operating efficiency and work quality.
- Builds understanding of transaction processing/middleware technologies within the organization through the creation of self-service options
- Software Installation, Configuration and Maintenance (30%)
- Participates in software installation, configuration, and maintenance following established procedures and change control standards.
- Performs software post-installation verification.
- Diagnoses and fixes system problems. When encountering complex system problems, is assisted by senior staff.
- Produces and maintains documentation.
- New Technology (10%)
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of industry developments and best practices in their area of specialization.
- Assists in the research and development of new products.
- Partners with clients, consultants, applications technologists, external stakeholders, and other I/S domains to understand business and systems requirements and proactively identify middleware systems needed to support the business.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Technical Expertise
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience troubleshooting and resolving second-level system issues.
- Demonstrated experience writing programs for one or more of the supported technologies.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of several infrastructure technologies such as database, middleware, content management, system management, network, security, server, operating system, storage, and workstations.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of one or more supported technologies including: messaging, web/media server, Java application server, managed file transfer, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), Extract, Transform and Load (ETL), transaction processing, service oriented architecture infrastructure, enterprise service bus, and tools to support and maintain these technologies.
- This position requires travel up to 5% of the time
- Ability to participate in 24x7 off hour/on call on a rotating basis.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 17 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...