Period of Performance: now through March 31, 2015
Permission to work in the United States is required; U.S. citizenship is preferred
All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with inquires (NACI) screening
A Software Developer is needed to support software development on NASA’s Earth Observation System Data and Information System (EOSDIS) EED program. The EOSDIS is a core capability in NASA’s Earth Science Data Systems Program. EOSDIS provides end-to-end capabilities for managing NASA’s Earth science data from various sources – satellites, aircraft, field measurements, and various other programs. For the EOS satellite missions, EOSDIS provides capabilities for command and control, scheduling, data capture and initial processing.
Mid level Software Developer who will perform development team leadership, operations technical support, software process implementation, and software design and development activities on the NASA ECHO project. This resource will work with a small but very senior development team. Candidates must have extensive experience with Agile development processes that include test and behavior driven development, automated unit testing, continuous integration, and short, rapid deployments.
Candidates must have an understanding of how software architecture and design can be reconciled and developed using agile processes. Candidates must have an understanding of how requirements are elicited from customers, captured, refined, and tracked in agile methodologies. Ideal candidate is a highly enthusiastic team member excited about learning new technologies and continually evolving an operational system.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant subject and a minimum of 5 years of directly applicable work experience. Specific required experience:
- Experience working with a small development team in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM) from initial requirements through delivery and maintenance.
- Experience with Agile development practices, specifically TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, and automated testing using Cucumber.
- Experience using Ruby on Rails with Oracle. Ideal candidate would have experience using Oracle Spatial capabilities from Rails, developing RESTful web services, and integrating with existing SOAP services.
- Experience with database technologies including SQL, query optimization, and DB schema design.
- Experience with Oracle Spatial capabilities, preferably with large ( >80M) data, including spatial query optimization and multiple coordinate system translation.
- Extensive Java server-side development experience, specifically using Spring, Spring-WS, JAXB and an ORM. Candidate should have experience with Java deployment technologies including Ant and Tomcat.
- Extensive XML experience including XML Schema, XSLT, and XPath
- Experience working with service oriented architectures using both SOAP and RESTful APIs. Candidate should be able to explain the differences and tradeoffs between SOAP based APIs and REST based APIs. (Highly desired)
- Experience with User Interface (web) design and testing
- Experience with large datasets (TB sized databases, batch processing large data sets, etc.)
- Experience with scalable and high availability software architectures
- Experience with GeoSpatial data, ideally Earth Science data.
Hawk Institute for Space Sciences - 21 months ago