Community Healthlink’s Youth and Family Services established the Burncoat Family Center in October 1992 as a residential and day treatment program for children with serious emotional issues. The program is located in a residential section of Worcester, Massachusetts.
Often, children who are hospitalized with serious emotional issues depart an institution with problems still unresolved and the Burncoat Family Center has provided a safe, secure, short-term alternative to hospital treatment for children.
The Burncoat Family Center’s acute residential treatment program offers psychiatric, therapeutic and assessment services, while offering a day treatment program and short-term respite.
The program, which is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, accommodates 12 resident youngsters, and as many as 20 day treatment clients.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Staff supervision, training and development, including performance evaluations.
- Treatment planning as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Shift coordination related to all client and staff activities.
- Lead skill development and recreational groups.
- Participate in on-call rotation with support staff and ensure safety.
- Bachelor's degree and/or experience supervising staff within a therapeutic milieu required; degree and/or coursework in social work, counseling, psychology or related field preferred.
- Current valid US issued driver's license and ability to provide registered and insured automobile for work related purposes.
- Desire to serve others required.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, ability to work independently, and ability to contribute to team objectives required.
- Preference will be given to those with experience in social services and/or working with program's population.
Community Healthlink is a leading community-based provider of comprehensive mental health, substance abuse, rehabilitation, homeless and...