The Macy's Military Executive Development Program is designed to leverage your leadership experience and prepare you to become the leader of a multi-million dollar Macy's store. You will participate in a highly structured 12-month rotational training
program that will teach you how the store organization operates, both within the building itself and across the entire field organization. You will
exposure to all levels of management and learn how Macy's executive team collaboratively contributes to the company's success.
You will learn the skills necessary to analyze business performance, coach and lead an executive team
drive sales results.
At the conclusion of the training program, you will be placed as an Assistant Store Manager in one of our large volume stores to gain experience that will lead you to a Vice President, Store Manager position.
What you will have the opportunity to do:
- Transition successfully from a military leadership role to a store leadership role
- Make the shift from the military culture to the civilian business culture
- Learn the strategy, tactics and skills necessary to drive
business in the retail department store arena
- Gain exposure to senior leaders from multiple business units across our company
- High exposure, multi-faceted and intensive training program sets the executive up for success after program completion
- At the conclusion of each rotation, you will have the opportunity to make a presentation to senior level executives
Participate in four rotations:
1. Leading in a Selling Culture
2. Stores Support - Merchandising Leadership
3. Human Resources - Operations Management
4. Store Leadership
What to bring to the program:
- Own key business driving projects throughout the program with presentations to management at the conclusion of each rotation
- Take a leadership role in delivery of all company initiatives; clearly communicate objectives and priorities to team
- Develop relationships through mentors, peer sponsors and the Macy's Veteran Networking Group
- Identify sales and profit improvement opportunities through analysis of business reports, customer logs, and competitive shopping. Develop action plans to address deficiencies
- Prepare and present strategies to all levels of management
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor's degree with solid academic record, all majors welcomed
- 4-10 years of military leadership, either as a Junior Military Officer or degreed Noncommissioned Officer
- Must be flexible following the program to relocate within your region
- Understanding of retail management lifestyle and demands
- Results-driven, passionate and committed to excellence and high standards
- Seeks to be the leader, wants to be in a position of influence
- Demonstrated ability to empower and develop a team of executives
- Ability to work well with all levels of management, build partnerships and direct teams
- Communicates purposefully and takes charge of situations; excellent presentation/platform skills
- Able to independently organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems, act decisively and persist in the face of obstacles
The nation's #1 department store chain has adopted the name of its most famous brand and cash cow: Macy's. Macy's, Inc. operates about 840...