The Professional Military Operations Analyst analyzes and develops Concepts of Operations (CONOPS) of a military or governmental system to obtain a quantitative and/or qualitative, rational basis for decision-making. This position is contingent upon contract award for OUSD(I) position or other National Security Support position as mutually agreed upon.
• Utilizes knowledge of military warfare, military operations analysis, political military situations and military organization in determining solutions.
• Provides technical and programmatic support to senior analysts.
• Serves as subject matter expert (SME) in providing integral support in the problem definition, requirements determination, conceptualization, and quality assurance of modeling and simulation-based decision support system applications.
• Develops and provides operationally relevant scenarios to be used in modeling and simulation.
• Communicates and translates modeling methodology and results into useable output products.
• B.A./B.S. Degree in a technical/analytical field such as Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering.
• Min. 3+ years of relevant experience in military operations.
• Effective oral and written communications skills for working within a team environment.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in technical analysis and to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
• Capable of demonstrating initiative and critical thinking.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.