The 5-axis Mill Machinist is responsible for the operation, set-up and utilization of the 5-axis milling machines as well as the other support processes used in the prototyping and production of machined parts.
Areas of Responsibility
- Perform set-up and operation of 5-axis milling machines.
- Performs prototype support for machining programs generated by programmers.
- Provide support programming for 5-axis programs
- Advise and consult with project managers and/or tooling department for cutting tools and tooling needed to complete projects.
- Design, build and maintain fixtures and set-ups for use in specified projects as assigned by the project manager or supervisor.
- Perform or confirm machine calibration as needed or required. Report all deviations in proper machine performance or accuracy to Mill Supervisor and/or maintenance personnel.
Education, Skills & Experience
Turbocam is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years' experience as a CNC Mill Operator
- 3 years' experience in set-up and programming of CNC Mills
- Strong Math skills
- General computer background
Turbocam International - 12 months ago