Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks a Program Assistant to support the program manager throughout the program and after as well as a back-up crew leader as needed. Administrative experience in youth program coordination and data entry is highly desirable. Experience in outdoor education and environmental conservation is also a plus.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Mandatory Crew Leader Training: June 20th – June 29th, 2013 in Pittsburgh (other dates available for qualified applicants)
- April - June (pre-program planning), July 1st – August 9th (summer program) August 12th - 16th (close out)
- Co-coordinate crew member orientation with Program Manager
- Serve as direct supervisor for Crew Leader Apprentices
- Facilitate multi crew operations: tools & equipment, work schedule, etc.
- Ensure all tools are prepared, repaired and accounted for before and after program
- Collect all incident reports from leaders daily for weekly review by Program Manager
- Manage relationships with agency partners
- Maintain all medical and first aid kits, water containers
- Ensure crew calendars are up to date
- Collect and check timesheets from members
- Ensure all requirements are met and needed supplies are prepared for each crews recreation trip
- Follow up with crew leaders regarding required program reporting and documentation
Compensation: Salary: up to $6000/ depending on length of program and experience. Pre-program work schedule will vary and include some Saturdays. Summer work schedule is according to crew member schedule (7 am – 5 pm, M-F). Mandatory Orientation & Work Skills (travel, food & lodging provided)
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must have ability to legally work in the US
- Current First Aid certification & CPR required by the start of the training
- Experience working with youth or young adults (ages 14-18), teaching in an educational environment a plus
- Experience with conservation work skills or related skills, preferred i.e. trail maintenance, trail construction, chainsaw, carpentry, landscaping, and gardening
- Ability to perform manual, physical labor for up to 8 hours per day, exposed to the elements and must occasionally lift and/or move 40 pounds or more
- High Computer Proficiency required
- Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
- Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
- Must have personal housing arrangements in program city
To Apply: Email résumé & cover letter to scaMilwaukee@thesca.org and/or firstname.lastname@example.org with the position of interest listed in the subject line so we may review your application.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org