Minnesota/North Dakota Beer Ranger
An account-level sales person focused on growing NBB’s business within a specified universe of key accounts in a market. The Beer Ranger job is special at New Belgium because how the job gets done is every bit as important as the results achieved in the marketplace. The Beer Ranger acts as NBB’s ambassador of good beer, good cheer and champion of quality assurance in the marketplace and at the distributorship. Like all members of the NBB Ranger team, the Beer Ranger is required to have fun while being a New Belgium Ambassador. This position will be responsible for all business conducted in the Minneapolis St Paul market. It also covers all of North Dakota and parts of Western Minnesota. The successful candidate for this position will be required to reside within the Minneapolis area. A company vehicle will be provided with this position. Relocation assistance will also be provided if necessary.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Be able to achieve specified account goals as provided by NBB manager within key account universe
• Be able to achieve and/or maintain NBB market standards in entire account universe in order to make NBB the craft beer market leader
• Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
• Weekly perform distributor work withs, promos/staff training, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit approximately 10 accounts a day.
• Strong desire to be in the market late night.
• Spread the Love--develop “preferred supplier status” with all key accounts by handling all reasonable and cost effective brand support needs in account universe and also keeping accounts informed about new happenings at NBB
• Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of NBB and distributor’s businesses
• Develop relationships with key people at the distributor
• Develop understanding for how the following get done: pos orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty pos and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
• Gain knowledge of NBB product pricing plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
• Know product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
• Develop market profile target lists, etc
Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
• Strong knowledge of the craft brewing industry
• High motivation
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
• Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
• General knowledge of craft beer companies in the Midwest. General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
• Strong communication skills and the ability to learn and master the selling skills process
• Basic computer competence in word, excel and e-mail
• Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
• Previous beverage industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
• Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor Vehicle Record checks will be conducted on candidates.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
New Belgium Brewing Company sales employees enjoy: company vehicle, competitive wages and salaries, a generous benefits package including: life, health, dental insurance, 401(k), participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, and a Profit Sharing plan
New Belgium Brewing Company - 2 years ago