MCTC is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We provide a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs.
Examples of Duties:
This position exists to provide a full range of retention and outreach services to support American Indian Success Program participants. This position recruits and develops relationships with prospective students and current students, participates in enrollment management activities and promotes the college’s educational opportunities to the community at large. This position guides American Indian students through the admissions process; provides academic advising programming and best practices initiatives, and monitors key success indicators for student retention and timely degree progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field
- Experience in Higher Education
- Experience working in a closely related field
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with underrepresented populations, specifically American Indian Students
- Experience working within the American Indian Community
- Experience in program planning that requires strong organizational skills and outcomes
- A high level of human relations and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Knowledge of higher education, academic programs, enrolment management processes and retention programs
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with the College Community, American Indian organizations serving students and high schools that serve Native students
- Excellent interpersonal skills in building relationships with students and staff.
- Experience retaining under-represented students in a high school or college environment
MATERIALS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON OR BEFORE DECEMBER 13, 2013 WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY REVIEW. Please detail your experience in the areas of responsibility listed and how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications on your application. Also submit a resume, cover letter and unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. to: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 4 months ago