MCTC is a two-year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multicultural communities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We provide a comprehensive offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional, and technical programs.
Examples of Duties:
This position exists to provide support to the Director of the Educational Talent Search grants, and to provide advising services to students in the Educational Talent Search Program. This position will work with middle school student and/or high school students.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working with elementary and middle school students
- Knowledge of financial aid programs and applications procedures
- Masters degree. In Education, or counseling or other related field
- Experience working in Public Schools
- Experience working in a post-secondary institution
- Experience and knowledge working in a TRIO program
- Experience developing Career Exploration workshops, seminars, job shadowing, or field trips
- Connection to local communities of color
- Experience with diverse populations
Materials submitted electronically on or by August 16, 2013 will receive priority review; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit your application and supporting information to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm .
An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented Under the provisions of Article 16, Section 3 of the labor agreement between the State of Minnesota and the Minnesota Association of Professional Employees, the following position is posted for informational purposes. http://www.beta.mmb.state.mn.us/mape groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities