Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is a comprehensive two year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multi-cultural communities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. MCTC provides a complete offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional and technical programs.
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Middle Management Association which can be found at:
Under the provisions of Article 14, Section 2 of the labor agreement between the State of Minnesota and the Middle Management Association, the following position is being posted for ten (10) calendar days so that qualified supervisors in the same classification may indicate their desire to be considered for the position.
Full-time, Unlimited ; Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m
Examples of Duties:
Position exists to provide administrative direction, staff supervision, budgetary control, program development, community relations, and evaluation for the Educational Talent Search program. In addition, negotiate relationships with community agencies, inner city middle schools, high schools and charter schools to provide additional programming. Supervise staff and provide Talent Search, services in three Minneapolis High Schools. Provide direct services to a caseload of roughly 100 students at one high school.
· Master's degree in Education, or related field
· Excellent administrative and management skills
· Strong leadership, communication and human relations skills
· Two years supervising professional level personnel- (Supervisory Experience)
· Experience in to initiate and implement new program components
· Strong organizational and planning skills
· Formative and summative program evaluation expereince
· Experience with programs serving disadvantaged youth
· Training in evaluation
· Experience working in Minneapolis Public Schools
· Knowledge of resources within community agencies
· Knowledge of TRIO and other federal education programs
In your application materials please address how you meet each of the minimum qualifications and any of the preferred qualifications.
MATERIALS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON OR BEFORE April 23, 2014, WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY REVIEW. Submit your application and supporting information to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm
. An equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and encourages application from underrepresented groups. A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities