MCTC, a leader in career and technical education, has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished leader who wants to build the workforce development program of the future.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College (MCTC) is a comprehensive two year college located in downtown Minneapolis, serving the diverse, multi-cultural communities of Minneapolis and Saint Paul. MCTC provides a complete offering of developmental, liberal arts, pre-professional, professional and technical programs.
MIDDLE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (MMA)
Under the provisions of Article 14, Section 2 of the labor agreement between the State of Minnesota and the Middle Management Association, the following position is being posted for ten (10) calendar days so that qualified supervisors in the same classification may indicate their desire to be considered for the position.
Examples of Duties:
The primary purpose of this position is to direct the Academic Operations unit in order to provide professional level administrative, consultative and coordinative academic program management work.
Additionally the person in this position will be responsible for providing administration, planning coordination on a variety of Academic Affairs projects including, but not limited to: Academic Schedule and Catalog: Academic Council and Curriculum: Program and Pathway Review: Faculty Coordination and Appointment-related data and reporting; and special Academic affairs projects and initiatives. Serves as Academic Affairs liaison to all other MCTC units and departments.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
· Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field.
· Experience in a leadership or supervisory position.
· Experience in project management.
· Experience in a lead worker position or a position which provided lead work direction.
· Experience in a policy making position.
· Experience in conducting research.
· Experience in Higher Education.
· As this position has access to confidential information, including information on students and other sensitive data, it is necessary that this employee understand the sensitivity of the information and dispenses this information appropriately.
· Master’s degree in a closely related field.
· Experience in a position which required a high level of decision making.
· Experience with database development and maintenance.
· Experience process improvement.
· Experience within MnSCU.
· Experience working with multiple collective bargaining agreements.
· Experience in a position which required a high degree of human relations skills.
· Experience evaluating policies, procedures and processes in order to implement and effect change.
HOW TO APPLY:
MATERIALS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY ON OR BEFORE September 25, 2013, WILL RECEIVE PRIORITY REVIEW. Submit your application and supporting information to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/minneapolisedu/default.cfm.
Interested internal applicants must notify Keith Balaski in Human Resources, in writing, by the posting end date.
In your application materials please address how you meet each of the minimum qualifications and any of the preferred qualifications.
Minneapolis Community and Technical College - 30+ days ago