The Children’s Treatment Coordinator contributes to the mission of MTI by expanding our reach and impact to children in need of dental care in the Portland Metro Area, including SW Washington. The Children’s Treatment Coordinator will work with new and existing site partners to develop more clinic opportunities for children and also provide Oral Health Instruction (OHI) presentations for children and parents.
**This position is temporary. The continuation of this position is subject to ongoing program funding**
- Assist and support activities for recruiting volunteers to provide dental services to children.
- Promptly communicate volunteer assignments to the Mobile Dental Program Coordinator, NW Oregon.
- Identify and develop relationships with agencies serving children with dental needs in the Portland Metro area, including SW Washington.
- Meet with existing partners serving children to increase the amount of children receiving care from MTI.
- Periodically visit partner agencies to perform on-going assessments of program effectiveness.
- Handle/Refer occasional calls from patients for help with dental needs.
- Manage or support occasional dental clinics in the field (minimum 1 per month).
- Schedule and complete OHI presentations at area schools and agencies serving children.
- Handle or appropriately direct occasional calls from the public for general information about the program.
- Be a positive representative of the Mobile Dental program at all times.
- Be available for occasional meetings and functions outside of normal working hours.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience in a related field
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profit agencies, and/or public health agencies.
- Strong administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with staff and persons at all levels of function and authority.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone.
- Two or four year degree in related field is highly preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in a related field
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates must complete an acceptable Background Check as part of the hiring process with Medical Teams International
Medical Teams International - 14 months ago