The Program Coordinator contributes to the mission of MTI by efficiently scheduling and coordinating mobile dental clinics in a specified local area. The Program Coordinator links together and supports the Clinic Managers, Community Partners, and Dental Volunteers in order to optimize the performance of the local program.
- Maintain program files, schedule meetings, and perform other administrative tasks to support program objectives.
- Maintain integrity of the Mobile Dental Database for all data related to program operation in the region.
- Create various statistical reports to support fundraising, reporting, and PR needs.
- Assist and support activities for recruiting and training volunteers.
- Promptly schedule, coordinate, and confirm volunteer assignments in the field.
- Coordinate, schedule, and confirm requests for mobile dental clinics.
- Periodically visit partner agencies to perform on-going assessments of program effectiveness.
- Handle/Refer occasional calls from patients for help with dental needs.
- Occasionally participate in a dental clinic in the field.
- Handle or appropriately direct occasional calls from the public for general information about the program.
- Be a positive representative of the Mobile Dental program at all times.
- Be available for occasional meetings and functions outside of normal working hours.
- When appropriate, incorporate the use of volunteers in daily job functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- One (1) year of experience in a related field
- Commitment to Medical Teams International mission statement.
- Experience working with volunteers, non-profit agencies, and/or public health agencies.
- Strong administrative and time management skills.
- Ability to work well with staff and persons at all levels of function and authority.
- Self-starter, detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work flexible schedule and weekends as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the telephone.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Candidates must complete an acceptable Background Check as part of the hiring process with Medical Teams International
- Two or four year degree in related field is highly preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in a related field
Medical Teams International - 11 months ago