Starting immediately, we are looking for talented iOS engineers to join the Flickr Mobile Engineering team.
Love Objective-C and developing native code for Apple's iOS devices? Thrive in a highly-interactive and iterative development environment? Want to help create the future of Flickr's mobile apps? Then we want to talk to you.
We have a track record of innovation to build on and a strong desire to radically improve Flickr, both for new users and casual visitors as well as the power users who form the core of the community. There's a tremendously long list of new features, programs and technologies set to come online this year. If you've ever wanted to a chance to have a big impact (Flickr has 75+ million users and 7+ billion photos), this is it.
Attributes of successful candidates will include:
Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Expertise with Obj-C and Xcode
- Thorough and recent experience developing for iOS
- Familarity with submitting to the App Store
- Current and detailed knowledge of the capabilities of iOS 5
- Knowledge of iOS 6's upcoming features and changes
- Experience developing highly performant code
- A disciplined approach to development, documentation and file structure
- Strong visual design sense and excellent taste
- A constant desire to improve , learn more and take things higher
You should have:
- Developing iPhone or iPad apps from scratch, using data provided by the Flickr API
- Maintaining the current iPhone app and debugging problems that come up
- Working in a tightly-knit team with backend engineering, frontend engineering, product management, design, and community/customer care
- Contributing to the continual improvement of our design and development process
- Strong compsci fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages and information retrieval
- An excellent understanding of networking, mobile network issues, concurrency and threading
- Good experience with making apps feel fast (not just act fast)
- Experience with Flickr and online photo sharing (send us a link to your photostream!)
- Academic background in engineering, computer science, math, physics or other science.
- Experience working with internationalized apps
Flickr is one of the world's leading online photo and video sharing communities where people explore, find, and manage pictures and video...