Evernote lets you capture, organize and visually search for your thoughts, ideas, snapshots, audio notes, and files from virtually any device, wherever you happen to be.
Fueled by ease of use and its availability on every major desktop and mobile platform, Evernote is growing at a rapid pace, adding nearly one million users per month. Currently, there are over 40 million people around the world who use Evernote to help them remember everything.
More than 15,000 developers have requested access to the service, and partners have released more than 1,500 products that integrate with Evernote to date!
Evernote is recruiting a Quality Analyst to join the Evernote products group. A Quality Analyst is an entry level position working with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to enhance the quality and experience of Evernote applications. It is an ideal role for an individual who is interested in a career in creating software products but without extensive training in programming or interface design.
About the role:
We are specifically recruiting recent college graduates with strong writing and analytical abilities, incredible attention to detail, a student of human nature, enjoys working with teams that create software products for web, mobile, and desktop. She or he should be facile with all aspects of mobile and desktop computers, comfortable with building formulas in spreadsheets, installing and uninstalling applications, and rummaging around the file system to find files. The candidate should have strong opinions about the products they use.
A Quality Analyst will work on a product team receiving direction from the Product Manager and Quality Assurance Engineer. She or he will be involved in hands on testing of products, identifying deficiencies, verifying the quality of the solutions, attempting to understand and reproduce issues that customers have encountered.
- Review pre-release versions of Evernote software identifying areas where the user experience or product quality can be improved
- Document deficiencies in product behavior identifying user expectations or steps to recreate problems
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change
- Construct testing environments simulate real world environments
- Monitor behavior from discussion groups, usability tests, appstore comments and social media to identify problems
- Test the application across different OS (MacOS and Windows), browsers, handheld devices (Android, iPhone, Windows Phone 7)
- Collaborate daily with the QA, engineering, and Product team to ensure that quality standards are met
- Use feedback from customer support to expand test scenarios
- Research, identify, reproduce, isolate and report defects
- Verify resolved defects against all applicable environments
- Provide input/status updates regarding test progress/results on a daily basis
- Assist in coordinating external testers and beta users
Working at Evernote:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable setting up, installing app and troubleshooting on MacOS and/or Windows, iOS and/or Android
- Desire to work both independently and within a team
- Demonstrate ability to change direction and re-prioritize on a minutes notice
- Attentive to detail and highly organized
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to deliver Evernote’s products
- Motivated to research problems and learn independently when needed
We are a dynamic team with a start-up feel. We have open, collaborative offices in Redwood City, CA and Austin, TX.
At Evernote, we promote an entrepreneurial spirit and perspective and engage a management style that encourages the free exchange of new ideas and rewards self-motivation. Our engineering team works in small teams of up to three, collaborating closely with product management and our quality engineering group.
Benefits & Perks:
We offer a very competitive salary package including generous equity in form of RSU’s and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). Our employees gather daily to enjoy a selection of delicious daily lunches delivered to the office (we love food, and every day is different!). We offer paid public transportation (i.e. Caltrain) and break rooms packed with a variety of snacks and drinks. Our Redwood City office is within walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Evernote - Redwood City, CA - 16 months ago