The Quality Assurance Lead will lead testing efforts for a team of Testers for assigned mobile games throughout the test cycle. He/she will create the test plan and test cases for assigned projects and execute the plan with assigned testing resources on mobile games in development to detect and record defects through functional and compatibility testing. He/she will manage the defect database for assigned projects, assuring defects logged are clearly written, well supported and follow the department guidelines. This role will provide regular reporting on each project's status as it progresses through its lifecycle. He/she will perform functional and compatibility testing on their assigned projects, and as needed, on other Lead's projects and may be assigned to special projects from time to time.
In addition, the Quality Assurance Lead will provide on-going mentorship for Testers and Senior Testers assigned to their projects to improve defect writing practices, communications skills, and creative bug testing practices of the team's testing resources.
This position requires a strong understanding of software lifecycles, experience with a variety of testing techniques, strong written and verbal communication, organizational skills, project management skills, mastery of client requirements and internal test scripts, and mobile gaming experience on both iOS and Android platforms. The QA Lead will act as a conduit for QA for the projects they are assigned to, ensuring an effective and organized test process that releases the highest quality product possible, and bringing those projects in on time and within budget.
Develop Mobile Test Plans
Lead Teams in the Execution of Test Plans
- Review and evaluate product documentation, project plans, and schedules
- Meet and agree with the project Producer on the project plan and mitigating actions for any potential risks
- Create the project's test plans and test cases and get Management sign-off
- Work with QA Leadership to establish the project's schedule and resource requirements
- Propose ideas and solutions for improved testing procedures
Functional and Compatibility Testing
- Coordinate and execute test plans
- Regular management of defect tracking by vetting defects, assigning defects to development and testers as needed
- Mentoring staff on an on-going basis
- Responsible for review and approval of QA relevant project milestones
- Coordinate all information for communication to QA Manager and Production
- Create a weekly status report for all assigned test projects and distribute those reports to designated staff and management
- Keep proper documentation and audit trails regarding action taken against reported bugs, Production requests and developer communications
- Maintain awareness of the Quality Assurance team and report concerns to the Manager
- Work extended hours when necessary
Other Assignments and Special Projects
- Perform functional and compatibility testing on assigned projects to become familiar with the app and major issues and project progression
- Perform functional and compatibility testing on other Lead's projects.
- Prepare and perform training for new and current staff
- Special projects may be assigned
Job Posting Industries
- 3+ years working in a games QA organization with 1+ years in a leadership role
- 1+ years in mobile games QA for iOS and Android platforms
- 1+ years' experience working as a Senior Tester or equivalent
- 1+ years' experience with product or project management in software development
- 1+ years working with Production and Development teams
- Deep knowledge of hardware fragmentation in the mobile industry
- Proven track record of successful relationship management
- Proven track record of managing high pressure situations and competing priorities
- Demonstrates an understanding of software test cycles and processes
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Must have an interest in mobile gaming and be willing to learn on the job
- Well versed in the use of QA Databases and the lifecycle of defects
- Successful leadership, team motivation, and conflict resolution
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment with a variety of personalities
- Customer care and quality focused
- Statistical reporting and analysis
- Mastery of basic computing skills on both PC and MAC
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite and Project
- BA or BS in the area of Computer Science or Entertainment related area) or equivalent interactive industry experience
This Position is with the legal entity Disney Interactive
COMPANY OVERVIEW -- Disney Interactive, the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company, creates immersive, connected, interactive experiences across console, online, mobile and social platforms to entertain and inform audiences around the globe. Disney Interactive mission is to deliver Disney content to fans, whenever and wherever they want it, through numerous interactive media platforms. Disney Interactive operates five global product groups:
Disney Core Games produces experiences for video game consoles like Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.
Disney Interactive Media produces Disney.com and a portfolio of leading lifestyle websites for families, including Babble.com and Spoonful.com.
Disney Interactive Worlds develops online virtual worlds and provides connected game-play experiences for children around the globe
Disney Mobile Games creates high-quality original gaming experiences for mobile devices. In addition, Disney Interactive manages a Disney-branded mobile phone service in Japan in association with Softbank
Disney Social Games develops best-in-class social games on Facebook, Playdom.com and mobile platforms.
All five product groups work together to create a variety of connected, multi-platform entertainment experiences.
iCIMS Social Distribution - 14 months ago