Model Validation Officer - Assistant Vice President-1300486
Model Validation Officer
We invite you to explore the award-winning culture, people, rewards and opportunities that make Comerica Bank so special. Make your next career choice a confident one. The Model Validation Officer is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the model risk management framework with respect to regulatory guidelines and expectations
Successful incumbents possess business acumen, demonstrate creativity and interpersonal savvy, make timely decisions, have excellent presentation and planning skills.
Comerica Bank uses IBM Lotus Notes for database, calendaring and e-mail functions.
The Model Validation Officer position is located at Comerica Bank Tower, 1717 Main Street, Dallas, TX and reports to the VP – Enterprise Risk.
- Responsible for conducting independent model testing including evaluation of conceptual soundness and developmental evidence, checking the model's accuracy, demonstrating that the model is robust and stable, assessing potential limitations, and evaluating the model’s behavior over a range of input values.
- Perform rigorous assessment of data quality and assumptions relevance, and appropriate documentation especially where management judgment is used.
- Responsible for reporting model development, implementation, use, independent validation and controls.
- Responsible for assisting in the functioning of the Model Risk Oversight Committee that will oversee adherence to regulatory guidelines and the internal policy for model risk management and model validation.
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Less than 5% travel is required of this position.
- Master of Science degree or PhD from an accredited university in a quantitative field such as statistics, operations research, quantitative finance, econometrics, applied mathematics, engineering
- 2 years experience in using advanced analytical methods in solving complex problems
- 2 years experience in quantitative analysis
- 2 years experience with SAS and other modeling or statistical software
- 1 years experience in modeling credit, market and/or operational risk
- 1 years model validation experience
Comerica Incorporated (NYSE: CMA) is a financial services company headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and strategically aligned by the Business Bank, the Retail Bank, and Wealth & Institutional Management. Comerica's 10,000 colleagues focus on relationships, and helping people and businesses be successful. In addition to Texas, Comerica Bank locations can be found in Arizona, California, Florida and Michigan, with select businesses operating in several other states, as well as in Canada and Mexico.
Upon offer, Comerica conducts a comprehensive background check and a drug test. Upon hire, a fingerprinting check is completed.
Comerica is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity
Primary Location : US-TX-Dallas
Job: Other Professional Positions
Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours (Example: 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday): 8:00am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday
Comerica - 9 months ago