Modem Verification Engineer
We are game changers, plain and simple. At Intel Mobile Communications (IMC), we see the everyday differently. As a chance to make a difference. A bar that constantly needs to be raised. It shows in the way we continually challenge the status quo, and defy the cant be done. Because we are relentless problem solvers. Results addicts who are uncommonly analytical and focused. Even a little geeky, some might say. But step inside our world and you will find one brilliant mind after another current and future leaders all working together in a spirit of collaboration that is simply contagious. Driving us to exceptional results. And opening up unexpected career paths. You will find everything from scientists and engineers to accountants and MBAs, who commit ourselves each day to approaching every challenge with fresh thinking but know that doing so is only possible when our work-life is balanced with our life-life. Team oriented and self-dependent working style. Excellent communication skills.
Through this shared dedication this culture of innovation and exploration we do more than deliver the latest technologies. We deliver the future.
Defines and develops system verification environment and test suites.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Participation in system integration and verification in cooperation with system engineering and development to conduct integration/bring-up activities on newly developed modem platforms
- System integration and verification modem target hardware
- Analyzing and solving of technical issues during testing of the next generation mobile phone platform
- Strong technical writing skills and the ability to generate technical test procedures and test plan
- Be a technical lead for a small group of Verification engineers to ensure a consistent and comprehensive ability to test leading edge technology platforms.
- Understanding the functionality of mobile platforms and relating that platform knowledge to include modems, application processors and user equipment design.
- Comfortable leading and participating in workshops with our technical architects and developers to arrive at the optimum verification strategy.
Bachelor of Science Degree or Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 4 or more years experience wireless communication products and their related systems.
- 4 or more years of system level wireless modem integration experience.
- 4 or more years of experience in concept creation, development and report generation of system tests.
- 4 or more years of experience in hardware/software integration and verification.
- 4 or more years hands-on experience with wireless communication test sets (R&S , Anritsu and Agilent network simulators.
- Knowledge in the field of communication protocols (WLAN, GSM, UMTS, LTE).
- Familiar with configuration management processes.
- Main focus on Telecommunication Engineering desired.
- Knowledge about Software test tools and Automated build environments.
USA-California, San Diego
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Intel Mobile Communications, a stand-alone business within the Intel Architecture Group, is committed to connect the world with its innovative portfolio of seamless wireless solutions. We develop and market innovative semiconductor products and solutions for wireless communications leveraging our unique advantages in the areas of RF, mixed signal / power management, monolithic integration and comprehensive know-how in cellular software and systems. With more than 4000 talented employees worldwide we power today some of the worlds best-selling smart phones, tablets and Ultra-Low-Cost/ Entry phones. Together we aim for the best user experience in a world where computing and telecommunications technologies are converging and are ideally positioned to fully exploit the enormous market opportunities.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...