Our client is seeking a Module Design Engineer in San Jose, California (CA).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for design, development, testing, and production of free space optics based upon client's revolutionary photonics technology
- Simulation, design and characterization of free space optical coupling into thin silicon waveguides
- Simulation, design and characterization of traditional single mode free space optical coupling for optical communication modules
- Instrumental in the creation of IP, low cost, miniaturization, low cost assembly strategies and designs
- Meet optical specifications, cost and schedule for product portfolio
- Work with mechanical, electrical, packaging and manufacturing engineers to implement cost effective product designs Develop detailed drawings / specifications as required
- Perform experimental measurements to validate simulations
- Creation of advanced optical, mechanical and electrical integration technology for Transmit and Receive Optical Subassemblies (TOSA and ROSA)
- Work closely with product operations to transition products to volume manufacturing
- Perform SolidWorks modeling for mechanical designs
- Perform thermal design including simulation and modeling to meet design requirements
Kforce - 17 months ago
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of...