Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011.
The Advanced Technology Development group in Discovery Research
at Dow AgroSciences is seeking a
to contribute towards the development of EXZACT™ precision genome engineering in plants for the production of novel
trait products. In addition to technical expertise, the ideal candidate will have excellent problem solving and communication skills and the ability to collaborate across functions to provide innovative solutions for DAS.
This position is located in Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- Design and generation of constructs for EXZACT precision engineering projects using standard and automated methods
- Design and validation of high throughput molecular methods for analysis of single and stacked traits generated with the EXZACT technology
- Development of high throughput molecular methods for analysis of gene targeting in rapid test systems
- Experimental design and execution at the bench, data analysis, preparation of internal and external reports and communication of results to key stakeholders
- Contribute to the intellectual property of the company
- Provide training and mentorship to junior scientists
- Masters degree in Biology/Molecular Biology or related field with 8 years of experience
- Doctorate degree in Biology/Molecular Biology or related field
- Experience in precision genome engineering technologies is essential
- Experience in high throughput vector assembly and molecular analysis techniques
- Demonstrated experience with automated data analysis and management tools
- Familiarity with Next Generation Sequencing methods and gene expression is highly desirable
- Ability to work independently with a track record for innovation, problem solving, and a strong publication record is essential
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment is critical
Dow Agrosciences - 16 months ago
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...