The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
· Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required.
· BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
· Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
· Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required.
· Strong customer service skills required.
· Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
· Computer literacy is required.
· Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
· Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 20 months ago