The Montgomery County Department of Parks is seeking an articulate and creative individual to fill a part-time seasonal, Marketing Assistant position in the Horticulture, Forestry, and Environmental Education Division. The position is based at Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, Maryland and will be responsible for promoting Nature Center programs to the general public.
Examples of Important Duties:
The successful candidate:
- Will work closely with Nature Center staff to assist with publicizing major public events, such as Maple Sugar Festival, Monarch Fiesta Day and Harvest Festival as well as programs.
- Must maintain close contact with the media and assist with fielding inquiries from the press, public officials and outside agencies.
- Coordinate with graphic artists on the production of publications, brochures, ads, etc.
- Assist with writing and editing copy for brochures, articles, public service announcements, ads, and other publications.
- Assist with the maintenance of mailing lists for public and media distribution of information.
- Assist with providing content to nature center website and face book pages.
Work schedule- 20 hours per week. This position does not include benefits. Salary is based on experience. A complete background investigation will be conducted prior to hire.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of applications, desktop publishing, and web content applications preferred. Strong writing and proofreading skills desired.
Bachelor's degree or four years progressively responsible experience in journalism, public relations, English, or related subjects; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission - 17 months ago