Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Consumer Credit Card, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses - Human Resources, Finance, Credit Risk, and Compliance & Operational Risk.
Join the #1 Mortgage originator and servicer ( Source: Inside Mortgage Finance )
Our Mortgage Origination team builds strong relationships with consumers and referral partners to help our customers reach their personal and financial goals through homeownership.
This position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is the nation’s leading mortgage lender. We are driven to provide exceptional home loan service to consumers and business partners. With a strong, nationwide branch network, we strive to offer the very best platforms, technology, tools, and compensation. At Wells Fargo, we foster an inclusive, customer focused work environment where innovation is encouraged and performance rewarded. We invest in you, develop your talents, and help you maximize your potential. If we want to be successful in today's world, we must be as diverse, in every respect, as the customers and communities we serve.
We have an immediate opening for a Home Mortgage Consultant Junior (HMC-JR). This individual is responsible for working under the guidance of a Home Mortgage Consultant (HMC) to produce high quality loans that meet Wells Fargo Home Mortgage guidelines by building referral relationships with realtors, builders, financial professionals, bank stores, past customers and other nontraditional sources while providing excellent customer service. Strong sales and organizational skills are essential. Bi-lingual job seekers are encouraged to apply.
Additional duties include:
- Develop knowledge of company products, policies and procedures, and underwriting requirements
- Understand real estate appraisals, title reports, and real estate transactions
- Inform prospective and existing customers of WFHM programs, rates, policies, underwriting requirements, and loan procedures
- Analyze detailed financial and credit data, matching customer needs with an appropriate loan program and level of risk
- Receive customer applications, quote the rate and points, and complete follow-up activities with the registration lock-in
- Develop and maintain a high degree of visibility for WFHM in the marketplace
- Perform miscellaneous duties as needed and required
1+ years sales experience. Persons in this position must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau loan originator qualification requirements and must comply with Wells Fargo policies related to these requirements. The loan originator qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, credit fitness and criminal background standards. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening.
This position requires S.A.F.E. registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
Additional Minimum Quals
This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo’s compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
Availability to assist customers on evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to use database marketing
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to move 15+ pounds
- Ability to operate a moving vehicle or have access to transportation
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for 6-8 hours a day
- Mortgage industry experience
- Bi-lingual skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Wells Fargo - 30+ days ago
Wells Fargo & Company is a financial holding company and a bank holding company. It is a diversified financial services company. It...