Completes file review of all mortgage loan packages making sure applications are complete and consistent. Reviews Net Tangible Benefits and Loan Programs for accuracy. Collects all documentation and runs loan through automated underwriting and gathers loan condition. Ensures loan disclosures are delivered on time and are accurate. Orders electronic appraisals. Submits file into loan center so file can be validated and processed quickly. Assists with marketing and other requests made by the Mortgage Loan Officer. Ensures correct combination of documents will be prepared/received for each loan package to secure legal interests of the company. Reviews and monitors loan documents for accuracy, completeness and adherence to approval conditions. Resolves a variety of customer problems/issues regarding bank products and services. Monitors existing mortgage loans to ensure complete conformity with terms. Follows up with customer to obtain all necessary information and clarification on financial analysis materials and resources. Provides customer service, sales support and marketing support for assigned region.
Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes. Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual required or job-specific training. Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words. Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate. Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
If you are required to act as a MLO in this position, which is defined as an individual who takes loan applications, and/or offers or negotiates the terms of a loan for compensation or gain, you will be required to register as a MLO complying with the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- 2-3 years previous mortgage loan sales support and/or administrative/clerical experience or retail banking experience.
- Ability to read and write, with basic arithmetic skills
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prior knowledge or experience with mortgage loan documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- If required to act as a MLO in this position, must be registered as a MLO as per the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Requires close visual acuity.
Normal office environment.
No relocation offered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Umpqua Bank - 20 months ago
Umpqua Holdings thinks of itself not so much as a bank but as a retailer that sells financial products. Consequently, many of the...