Strong. Stable. Local. Personal.
Mortgage Loan Originator
1st Source Corporation, parent company of 1st Source Bank, has assets of $4.55 billion and is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. The Corporation includes 76 banking centers in 17 counties, 22 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, nine Trust and Wealth Management locations and nine 1st Source Insurance offices.
We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, both individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
Come and work for an organization that is recognized by Forbes and Audit Integrity as one of the top 100 most trustworthy companies among 12,000 traded on U.S. Exchanges, and as one of the top "Best Places to Work in Indiana" for our “strong workplace environment that values its employees and our positive work culture that includes respect, communication, opportunity and being part of a team.”
We strive to hire the best talent, and believe the diversity of our colleagues' perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to better products and services. Our Learning and Development initiatives and our Corporate Training Program support this belief and provide opportunities for employees to develop, and enhance their competency, confidence, and achievements.
Originates permanent FHA / VA and conventional residential mortgage loans and participates in related business development activities in assigned region/area.
- Solicits residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
- Calls on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Utilizes the mortgage product to cross sell banking relationships for the regional banking centers (i.e., checking accounts and other deposit services).
- Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loan with mortgagors.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Ability to travel to all locations as well as the ability to travel overnight for meetings, projects or training as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of consumer lending experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft products (i.e., Word, Excel) essential.
- Self-starter, good organization skills.
- Calling and presentation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry:
The Federal Government requires that employees with responsibility for residential mortgage lending be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). For consideration of this position, you will be required to obtain a unique identifier, register with NMLS and be confirmed by NMLS as cleared prior to consideration for hire.
Mortgage Loan Origination – (Plymouth, IN)
Relevant Years of Experience:
Two (2) years of consumer lending experience preferred