Must be available to work Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
• At least two years of experience in mortgage loan processing, gained within the past 3 years
• Prior lending experience is REQUIRED.
• High school education or equivalent.
• Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation and standard English usage; business correspondence formats, record keeping and filing methods; basic math calculations. PC skills required; knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook preferred.
• Ability to sort, cross-index, and file correspondence, reports, records and other materials according to alphabetical or other acceptable organization methods.
• Must possess good judgment and organization skills, the ability to prioritize, and handle confidential information.
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates and members of the general public.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English. Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to interpret and follow variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and complete assignments without detailed directions.
• Ability to independently plan, prioritize, organize and complete work in an efficient manner. Ability to work quickly and accurately. Attention to detail required.
• Willingness to assume additional responsibilities/duties/projects as they arise.
• Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Ability to operate office equipment including computers, calculators/adding machines, telephones, voice mail, electronic typewriters, copy machines, and FAX machines.
This full-time position is located at the Des Peres facility for First National Bank of St. Louis.
Coordinate the processing and closing of residential loans.
• Enter loan application into LOS system and obtain approval from automated underwriting system
• Lock, cancel and extend interest rates for secondary market loans
• Review loans in process for accuracy, technical exceptions and adherence to policies, laws and regulations; reports exceptions to immediate supervisor.
• Schedule loan closings with loan customer and title company.
• Follow up on documentation exceptions and/or any outstanding items such as appraisals, title insurance, and evidence of insurance.
• Quote mortgage rates to consumers.
• Maintain withdrawn/denied files and verify applications are complete and accurate for HMDA purposes.
• Provide administrative support to Real Estate Lenders and co-workers such as answering telephones, taking messages, file management, scheduling appointments and meetings, assisting with meeting preparation, assisting visitors, and resolving and/or referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries.
• Operate personal computer to compose and edit correspondence, reports and/or memoranda from verbal direction, or from knowledge of established department/division policies; prepare, type, edit, and distribute agendas.
• Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding the status of loan files and correspondence in process and other banking-related questions.
• Remain alert for and report potential business opportunities. Provide accurate product information; make appropriate business referrals to other departments.
• Establish, implement and maintain methods and procedures to assure all assignments and duties are processed correctly and timely. Maintain a comprehensive procedures manual on all job responsibilities.
• Consistently demonstrate proficiency in providing exemplary customer service in person and by telephone. Maintain a friendly, positive, and professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Operate a variety of office administration equipment such as PC, typewriter, copy machine, FAX machine, calculator, printer, etc. Utilize computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, Outlook, and Internet.
• Advise Supervisor of problems with procedures, policies, improper calculations, deadlines, and other problems.
• Handle routine administrative details for the Real Estate department including various requisitions and service calls on equipment.
• Maintain neat and orderly work area and ensure that all confidential records are secured and/or disposed of properly.
• Attend all required training.
First National Bank of St. Louis
- 2 years ago - save job
Nationwide mortgage lender offers low rate refinance, FHA home loans, fixed refinancing, second mortgages, bad credit equity lines & VA...