High school education or equivalent. At least two years of experience in general office work or completion of Associate’s degree in Administrative Office Systems or related area. Previous experience as a residential loan assistant is desirable.
Effective oral and written communication skills. Strong customer relation skills and ability to communicate effectively and work well with supervisor, co-workers and customers in a cooperative and positive manner.
• Typing skills, 50 WPM minimum
• Letter formatting skills
• Computer experience, desirable
• Attention to detail
• Ability to operate a variety of office equipment
• Use of ALLREGS, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae, USDA, FHA guidelines, desireable
Performs a wide variety of clerical and administrative support to Residential Loan Officers. Coordinates the processing of approved new residential loans and other documentation as necessary. Provides backup support to other loan and administrative assistants when necessary. Exercises independent judgment under moderate supervision.
Processing of New Loans:
• Understands and can interpret DU/LP findings.
• Figure income, assets and liability information accurately.
• Request verifications of employment, mortgages, deposits and other documentation as required following loan guidelines.
• Ordering third party subordinations.
• Processing of UCC statements. County and State level
• Review loans in process for accuracy, technical exceptions and adherence to policies, laws and regulations; reports exceptions to immediate supervisor and/or residential loan officer.
• Follow up on documentation exceptions and/or any outstanding items such as financial statements and evidence of insurance.
Prepare transactions, reports, correspondence, memos, and perform other clerical/administrative duties in an accurate manner.
Handle phone calls, take messages.
Respond to internal and external inquiries regarding the status of loans in process, technical exceptions, loan documents and other banking related questions.
Establish, implement and maintain methods and procedures to assure all loan actions are processed accurately and timely. Maintain a comprehensive procedure manual on all job responsibilities.
Consistently demonstrate proficiency in providing exemplary customer service in person, telephone, fax and email. Maintain a friendly, positive and professional attitude. Resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
Operate a variety of office equipment.
Advise of problems with procedures, policies, improper calculations, deadlines and other problems.
Maintain a neat and orderly work area and ensure all confidential records are secured and/or disposed of properly.
Attend and complete all required training.
First National Bank of St. Louis - 17 months ago
Nationwide mortgage lender offers low rate refinance, FHA home loans, fixed refinancing, second mortgages, bad credit equity lines & VA...