The purpose of this position is to ensure the accurate and timely processing of the most complicated of residential mortgage loan applications in order that they conform to all regulatory or secondary market requirements. This position will provide initial underwriting decisions within limited parameters and refer to higher authority when required. This most senior level processing position is also responsible for using their expertise to provide guidance and training for other processors.
- Ensure compliance with bank and government regulations.
- Data entry of loan applications to bank’s processing system and submission to automated underwriting findings.
- Order and collect documentation necessary to address automated underwriting findings.
- Communicate with all parties on status of file and work with originator and borrower to clear underwriting conditions. Also proactively anticipate problems and work to solve them.
- Interpret automated underwriting decisions working with system to obtain best possible outcome for borrower.
- Underwrite and approve some mortgage files.
- Train and supervise work of Level I and II processors.
- Knowledge and mastery of mortgage investor guidelines and appraisal review process
- Mastery of automated underwriting process
- Thorough knowledge of compliance guidelines
- Excellent organizational, communication, and computer skills
- Time management and prioritization skills necessary to manage workload
- Ability to solve complex loan problems
- Ability to manage difficult situations with borrowers, Realtors, etc.
- Excellent management skills and ability to train others effectively
- Ability to underwrite complex loan files and render judgments on acceptability
- High School diploma
- Three (3) or more years of related with definitive evidence of ability to function at elevated capacity
Trustmark National Bank
- 2 years ago - save job
Trustmark’s history of meeting its customers’ financial needs extends back to 1889. Through the years, Trustmark has broadened...