MOTOR VEHICLE MECHANIC
Camp Atterbury, IN
These positions will provide support maintenance services to satisfy the Pre-Deployment Training Set Equipment (PDTE) operations objectives of the Mobilization Station, Camp Atterbury, IN. The primary objective is to provide repair and maintenance services to Reserve Component tactical equipment to appropriate maintenance standard.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will perform field (unit level and direct support) level maintenance tasks primarily on Army Equipment Tactical vehicular and ground support equipment (including wheeled and tracked vehicles) used for pre-deployment training in accordance with equipment technical publications. May work on other vehicles or equipment as needed.
- Perform repairs on equipment end item to include replacement of major components.
- Disassembly of end items, parts and components as necessary to the level authorized by the Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC) or by the Army Materiel Command Life Cycle Management Command (AMC LCMC) e.g. TACOM, CECOM, AMCOM. Components include, but are not limited to: engine, drive train, hydraulic, and sheet metal.
- Troubleshoot, test, and inspect to determine the extent of necessary repairs.
- Remove parts/components determined to be defective and make authorized repairs.
- Install serviceable parts and/or components and inspect or perform operational checks to ensure the repair has corrected the noted deficiency.
- Repair, rebuild or overhaul major assemblies of automotive related equipment.
- Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts: grinding and adjusting valves; overhauling transmissions; repairing fuel injection, lighting and ignition system.
- Will accomplish all applicable gauging, diagnostic testing and road testing as prescribed in all appropriate equipment Technical Manuals (TMs), Maintenance Advisory Messages (MAMs), Modification Work Orders (MWOs) and Safety of Use Messages (SOUMs).
- May complete reports, forms and other documentation manually and via computer.
- May be trained to work on additional equipment as needed.
- Minimum 3+ years experience Mechanic/mechanical maintenance preferably with the Army.
- Must have experience working on a variety of military tactical vehicles (wheeled and tracked) and ground support equipment.
- Candidates must have a valid state drivers license and must have, maintain and provide proof of an acceptable driving record.
- Must provide your own General Mechanics Tool Kit.
- Must pass pre-employment requirements.
Work will be performed in a maintenance shop setting, both indoors and outdoors and will be subject to a variety of weather conditions. Work involves a moderate amount of noise and vibration from shop equipment. Physical exertion may result from prolonged standing, climbing up and down ladders and scaffolding and will include reaching, lifting and bending. May occasionally be required to lift weights exceeding 75 lbs. Will occasionally work in confined spaces in close proximity to grease, oil, fuel, lubricants and solvents.
Rate of Pay: $20.84 per hour
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7am to 3:30pm
To apply for this position, please send your resume to FAX 757-499-3972. For more information, please call APT at 1-800-499-6802 or 757-499-6802.
APT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APT participates in E-Verify.