Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
Assist Lead Engineers with pre-sale and post-sale technical support on two-way radio and other communications product applications for the U.S. Public Safety Customer accounts. Work with and assist a team including Sales, System Integrators, Product Engineers, Program Managers and Senior Systems Engineers to implement wireless communication solutions for voice, data and integrated infrastructure systems.
Responsibilities will involve assisting other Systems Engineers with conducting customer needs assessments and analysis, performing RF coverage and interference predictions, designing equipment layouts and antenna configurations, determining RF Link budgets and Telco requirements, performing coverage and operational testing, and design and configuration of communications networks
*****Motorola Solutions currently has System Engineering Co-Op Opportunities available in our Dallas, Texas, Houston Texas, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Flowood, Mississippi, Franklin, Tennessee, Schaumburg, Illinois and Holtsville, New York *******
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of college level courses towards obtainment of a B.S. degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering strongly preferred
- Knowledge of RF propagation, Wireless, microwave, and/or telecommunications networks a plus
- Knowledge of communications networks (MPLS, Ethernet, TCP/IP) a plus
- Certifications through CompTIA, Amateur Radio a plus
- Ability to present technical materials to non-technical audiences.
- Good interpersonal and team-work skills
Motorola Solutions - 19 months ago