Would You Like to begin a career with a company that takes pride in delivering Company Leadership, People Leadership, Thought Leadership, and Results Leadership?
There’s no magic formula. Just a simple belief: respect and reward people for being their best. That’s how we work at Discover Home Loans.
The Staff Appraisal Reviewer is responsible for the timely receiving, reviewing and reporting results of appraisal reports ordered by Underwriting, Processing and the QA Department. They will perform risk-based analysis and provide recommendations on appropriate actions to be taken on escalated appraisal concerns.
The responsibilities of the Staff Appraisal Reviewer include, but are not limited to:
- Review of all appraisals escalated for desk review by Underwriters, QA, Processing and validation models.
- Analyze all available data and determine what next best steps should be followed: Communication with Appraiser for additional information or explanation; or, Outside Desk Review; or, LARA Report; or, Outside Field Review; or, Second Appraisal
- Keeping up to date on appraisal and appraisal review related topics affecting DHL
- Effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of employees within the organization. Routine contact is required between Appraisal coordinators, Processing Department, Sales Department, Underwriting Department, Production Risk Management, Investor Resolution and Compliance.
- Insuring the Appraisal Reviews are completed in a timely, competent and professional manner
- Responding to Manager requests for additional information on appraisal or appraisal review items
- Provide a monthly report which summarizes the activities of the Appraisal Review Department for the previous month
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- In-depth mortgage knowledge as evidenced by either 3-5 years appraisal review, or by 5 years Senior Underwriter with responsibility for Appraisal Review, FHA DE a large plus but not mandatory
- Experience with Value Validation tools such as CoreLogic History Pro
- Experience successfully responding to investor requests to support use of appraisal and value submitted
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively present and support decisions
- Ability to make decisions but wisdom to know when to reach out for management support and guidance
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in
- Ability to interpret and apply required policies and procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
Discover Financial Services - 2 years ago
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...