THIS JOB CODE MAY REQUIRE SAFE ACT REGISTRATION. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all applicants for employment who will be engaged in residential loan mortgage originations (as defined by the SAFE Act) must register with the federal registry system and maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE ACT requirements. If at any time the Bank determines that your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your eligibility for continued employment and may result in your immediate termination. Underwrites residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards.
As a Bank of America Mortgage Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards. A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentation's for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents. You may be required to work with more senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans. Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.) You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits. This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels.
May respond to individual and investor audits. Must achieve government underwriting authority consistent with individual level of experience, including a successful CAIVERS check.
Required Skills :
Desired Skills :
- Minimum of one to four years recent manual underwriting experience.
- Knowledge of DU preferred.
- Direct Endorsement (DE) preferred
- Proven negotiation and communication skills.
- Must show strong capacity to address credit related issues and points of risk to ensure that underwriting meets quality assurance standards.
- Familiarity with Secondary Market requirements.
- Available to work extended hours as business need requires.
- Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents.
- Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while adhering to all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Ability to make credit recommendations.
- Commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment. Attention to detail.
- Secondary Market Product Knowledge.
- Strong Customer Service Skills. Accepts direction well.
- Computer proficiency including high comfort level with Microsoft office product suite.
- Math Proficiency.
- FHA and VA underwriting experience with DE and SAR.
Bank of America - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...