Under moderate supervision, provides and delivers claims adjusting services and solutions for customers in multiple lines of business.
- Investigate coverage, liability, compensability and damages with all parties involved in a claim as requested by our customers or Crawford and Company or a subsidiary thereof.
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants, witnesses, establish claim reserves, handle evidence, obtain and interpret official reports, medical reports and claim forms, and attend/participate at mediation, trials or hearings.
- Negotiates and settles claims, sets reserves, and manages litigation within client service parameters and authority levels by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants.
- May present evidence at legal proceedings.
- Provide filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage and pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by the client and obtained through investigation.
- Self starter capable of working alone or with others.
- Maintains company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with
- Federal and state regulations, client and Crawford and Company service standards.
- Maintain expected case loads in multiple lines of business while meeting established service delivery, production, quality, sales and educational objectives.
- Respond before, after and during work hours to emergency on site claim investigations.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education in multiple lines of business.
- Maintain acceptable product quality through compliance with service standards and compliance with internal quality control initiatives.
- Uphold and project the corporate image by participating in industry organizations and functions.
- Ability to multi–task in a time sensitive environment and handle job responsibilities with a sense of urgency.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Business Conduct at all times.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
- Minimum 2 years insurance adjusting experience with experience in each of at least two lines of business (casualty, property, or workers’ compensation)
- Licensing as required by state and local jurisdictions
- A valid driver’s license
- In-depth knowledge of insurance coverage, practices and negotiating skills in multiple lines of business.
- Familiarity with legal, medical and technical disciplines within specific business lines.
- Good analytical ability and mathematical aptitude
- Good attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to gather and analyze information, then determine and implement the appropriate course of action
- Good interpersonal and sales skills
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.
Crawford & Company
- 2 years ago - save job