LocalEdge / Area Wide Publishing, a division of Hearst Communications Inc., is a premier multi-media company leading the transition to Web-based Advertising for businesses big and small. In business for over 40 years, we have an extensive customer base to which we provide a dynamic set of digital media along with our proven print products. Our industry leading digital media portfolio is regularly augmented with new product innovations giving our Sales team the competitive advantage in the markets we service.
The position of Multi-Media Training Manager is responsible for participating in and implementing the Initial and Continuous Training to a geographic area of the company. Additionally, the MTM will have complete ownership of the launch of new products, ensure that all sales reps can quickly master and sell all products and ensure the early adoption and penetration across the entire team. This includes knowledge and skill development of all sales reps in technical/internet/product knowledge, SPIN technique, value proposition and selling process to meet sales goals. The position will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on product and sales rep performance and working with line management to achieve individual, product and book goals.
• Product Development & Implementation
• Participate in the development, bundling, training and penetration of new
products designed to reach non-traditional segments
• Reduce timeframe from product inception to revenue generation
• Ensure early adoption and penetration to entire team
• Ensure strong integration with our existing suite of products and sales
• Has complete ownership of product penetration and participation of all
sales reps in geographic area
• Tracking and reporting of Product & sales reps performance
• Participate in development of reports; pull reports and provide
analysis of success and problem areas; develop action plans to
support achievement of goals
• Ability to analyze product trends and develop appropriate strategies to
alter outcomes on individual, AM, DM, Directory and product level for
our digital product set
• Ability to drive sales results through indirect reporting structure
• Achieve early “critical mass” -- $1M target in 6 to 12 months
• Continuous Training - Hard hitting on-going digital training in local offices
• Participate in and deliver an entire initial and refresher training
curriculum will be rewritten to reflect our suite of products
• Develop hard-hitting value stories, sales collateral and pricing bundles
• Create and insure delivery of targeted sales training
• Weekly, scheduled training in all office utilizing “best practices” concept
• 50/50 Training, 50 minutes for 50 weeks
• 50 training modules will be created and delivered based on office
• Refresher training on recently launched products
• Ride and work with underperforming sales reps to bring performance to
• Build effective development plans and track performance of Area
Manager use of plan and sales reps improvement.
• Ability to effectively transfer the practical knowledge of all aspects of
the current, and evolving, sales process to new hires and existing
• Initial Sales Training
• Participate in the development of, and delivery to all New Hires, a new
curriculum updated to integrate complete product set and matching to
• Conducted locally in offices instead of training hubs providing flexibility
and cost savings
• Ability to travel
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Four year degree in business or education preferred. Two to four years of Training development & delivery experience in yellow page sales and/or internet training required. Extensive experience utilizing and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the internet. Yellow Pages and/or Digital/Internet Sales Management experience a plus.
• SME for our Multi-Media product line
• Superior knowledge of internet, search, optimization
• Must be proficient in all Microsoft applications. I.E. Word, Excel, Power point.
• Solid ability to analyze sales data to identify trends.
• Ability to develop training materials and deliver training using Adult Learning Models
• Thorough knowledge of all LocalEdge /APC processes
• Strong working knowledge of yellow pages/digital sales techniques
• Strongly developed interpersonal skills as well as public speaking ability.
• Must have the ability to facilitate a training session and communicate to all levels of skill sets within the audience.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, motivated and motivational. Must possess the ability to apply audio-visual techniques to training.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
LocalEdge, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard