Repacking and production of multipack products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unpack and label filled jars to be packed.
- Operate Arpac indexer and sealer machine.
- Pack multipacks into cases and tape closed.
- Apply finished UPC labels to all cases.
- Inspects finished product before being cased and palletized.
- Ensures that FIFO practice is used on all supplies.
- Maintains the organization of the tray label rack and ensures proper tags are on all partial boxes.
- Cleans all spills and breaks as they occur in the immediate work area.
- Reports machine and quality problems to Supervisor as they occur and submits work orders as necessary.
- Operates hand-held scanning device to maintain accurate inventory.
- Follows all DFA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate, regulatory quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Performs items on Master Sanitation lists when production is not running.
- Maintain safe environment and perform other duties in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists in training new operator.
- Ability to function in a team based structure and positively contribute to team based efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- Ability to use computer based ERP systems and basic computer navigation.
Dairy Farmers of America
- 2 years ago - save job