We are currently looking for a results driven Multi-Property Controller for the Waterfront and Carlton Hotels who has previous hotel experience. The ideal Controller is comfortable being hands on while also thinking like a business manager. Ideally, our Controller will be efficient and organized while having an energetic personality, can exercise leadership in changing situations, and have an enthusiasm about the Joie de Vivre brand and Commune company culture. This position is based out of the Waterfront Hotel in Oakland, CA.
San Francisco based Commune Hotels and Resort boasts over 40 boutique hotels worldwide, each with a unique and individual style under the Joie de Vivre Hotels and Thompson Hotels brands. In the midst of an ambitious expansion program, Commune Hotels and Resorts is poised to become one of the premier boutique hotel brands in the world. Come be part of the future of boutique hotels!
Who will succeed in this position?
Our ideal candidate must be hands-on, demonstrate leadership qualities, have the ability to evaluate the operation from a business manager perspective with working knowledge of the hotel and restaurant systems, and be accountable and hold others accountable for results.
- Confident, detailed oriented and self-motivated Controllers who can work in a fast-paced environment
- Candidates who have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Controller of a similar sized property
- Candidates who have a high degree of computer literacy and extensive work experience with Excel spreadsheets
- Candidates who seek a senior leadership position and enjoy partnering with Executive Committee members to realize common goals and direction.
- Supervise the Accounting Managers at two properties
- Responsible for directing the financial activities of the hotels
- Experience working with the General Manager and other Executive Committee members creating hotel budgets
- Must be highly proficient with Excel
- Acpac and Unifocus experience prefered
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must have a “hands-on” approach to accounting tasks
- Complete timely monthly financial statements, forecasts, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare hotel, sales tax, and annual tax documents
Joie de Vivre Hospitality - 23 months ago
You might say this company has a zest for hotel life. Joie de Vivre Hospitality operates boutique hotels, with more than 30 properties in...