Anyone who takes a residential mortgage loan application or offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensaton or gain must register with the National Mortgage Loan system as a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO). To be registered, the MLO must pass a background check. Failure to comply with registration and annual registration or not pass a criminal background check administered by NMLS will result in termination. Summary Serves as the "face of the bank" building relationships with customers while performing financial transactions including paying, receiving, and cash control duties; seeking to uncover financial needs, minimize loss, reduce risk; and deliver accurate and superior customer service while performing the following duties. Associate will spend 70% of their time working in the teller work area and 30% of their time working on the platform. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Assists with Branch morning and evening duties to include opening & closing the vault, working and locking the Night Depository, setting up Teller station with supplies and cash, and balancing the Teller window &/or Branch, and setting alarms. Demonstrates quality customer service; greets customer, uses customer name, makes eye contact, smiles and thanks the customer for their business. Explains, promotes, processes, or sells the following: deposits, withdrawals, check-cashing, savings bond redemption, 1099's (interest earned series E), credit card advances, commercial deposits, money orders, travelers cheques, official checks, and IRA deposits. Able to process transactions accurately and efficiently and in acccordance with established policy, procedure, security guidelines, and federal regulations. Understands and follows policies and procedures in completing transactions, minimizing operational errors, and maintaining a proper work flow. Adheres to professionalism standards to include demeanor, dress, and station orderliness. Monitors and maintains control of cash. Balances transactions daily. Reviews transactions and alerts management of suspected fraud, kiting, theft, or other illegal activity. Counts, verifies, and packages coin and currency. Supports procedures for custody and control of assets and records to ensure safekeeping. Possesses intermediate knowledge of Hancock's products and services in order to meet customer's needs and assigned quarterly referral goals. Good understanding of both features and benefits with regards to Hancock's products. Assists in balancing and loading the ATM, in instances where third parties are not involved. Assists in counting and balancing the Cash Dispense Machine, in instances where one exists. Handles customer requests for rates, service charges, and account maintenance, including debit card inquiries. Performs account maintenance, such as change of address, title change, and account type transfers. Answers telephone practicing phone etiquette. Secondary Duties Complies with all appicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act. Responsible for organizational integrity and business ethics as it relates to this position, and communicating this commitment to any other applicable associates. Active participant in weekly Branch Sales Meetings. May function in a mentor capacity offering guidance, leadership, and coaching to fellow associates while reinforcing policy and procedure. Attends weekly operational meetings conducted by the Branch Operations Manager. Compiles sales referral tracking daily forwarding to Branch Operations Manager weekly. Assists in handling in-branch operational customer complaints from inception to resolution. Performs research work for customers regarding deposit posting issues Performs other related job duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities This job has no supervisory responsibilities. Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Education and/or Experience Required Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) Required experience: |
• 2 years of combined Teller and FSA experience.
• Full Teller and FSA training with exposure to all facets of teller line operations
• Sales training Language Skills Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing using the English language; Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Computer Skills Ability to learn, or knowledge of, Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Outlook Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Anyone who takes a residential mortgage loan application or offers or negotiates terms of a residential mortgage loan for compensaton or gain must register with the National Mortgage Loan system as a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO). To be registered, the MLO must pass a background check. Failure to comply with registration and annual registration or not pass a criminal background check administered by NMLS will result in termination. Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Core Values - Has a high level of commitment to service to all of our customers, both external and internal; Honors others and acts with integrity and ethics; Promotes Hancock Holding Company in safety and financial strength and stability; Exhibits teamwork and the value that no one person is more important than another; Accepts personal responsibility for actions. Business Skills - Pays close attention to detail; Has knowledge of basic banking products such as depository accounts and investments. Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data. Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others. Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments. Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control. Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions. Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information. Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust Change Management - Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions Cost Consciousness - Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources. Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences. Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity. Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses. Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions. Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence. Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time. Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed. Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; Use of hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Assignment of Duties NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY TIME.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and experience based on teller level, without experience for Teller I
- Associates in this position will be required to work Monday – Friday with a Saturday rotation. Weekly schedules are based on the business needs of the branch.
Employment offers that may be extended for Teller I, Teller II, or Teller III positions will be determined by the qualifications of the successful applicant and the business needs of Hancock Bank
- 6 months cash handling experience in a bank OR prior responsibility handling large amounts of money in the cash operations office for a high volume retail or grocery store
- Experience interacting with customers
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks at one time
- Current college students encouraged to apply
Applicants meeting certain requirements for the position will be re-directed to an online skills assessment page at the conclusion of the Teller application.
Completing the assessment is a required step and will take about 6 - 8 minutes of your time
Browser Requirements : Internet browsers Explorer 7.0 and above; Mozilla Firefox 7.0 and above; Google Chrome 14.0 and above; Safari 4.0 and above
TURN OFF ALL POP UP BLOCKERS in order to view the assessment.
Applicants having difficulty opening the assessment page can reach Hancock HR Support at 228-563-6520, Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CDT
Applicants who are not automatically directed to the skill assessment page may be required to complete the assessment at a later date.
Completed Tier-1 Teller assessment results will remain active for 6-months
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT’S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THIS JOB AT ANY TIME.
Hancock Bank - 2 years ago