Multi-Trade Supervisor (T-6)
Brookhaven National Laboratory is a world-leading research and development institution whose purpose is to advance ideas and knowledge through a multidisciplinary program of basic and applied research. Home to seven Nobel Prizes, Brookhaven National Laboratory conducts research in the physical, biomedical, and environmental sciences, as well as in energy technologies and national security, and is operated and managed for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science by Brookhaven Science Associates. Our Site Resources Division currently has a full time opportunity for a Multi-Trade Supervisor.
The mission of the Site Resources Division is to enhance the site aesthetic so as to improve staff recruitment and retention, safety, and customer satisfaction, and to support the overall Laboratory mission.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Direct supervision of the Welding Shop, Sheet Metal Shop, and Maintenance Metal Shop in the Fabrication Services Section of the Site Resources Division and other areas within the section when required.
- Scheduling requirements and assignments of work for welding and sheet metal work orders, technical direction, training and handling of union matters.
- Must be able to support the BNL welding program and provide customers with technical advice, support, and status of assigned work orders.
- Must have a strong commitment to BNL ES&H procedures and policies as well as F&O and Site Resources procedures.
- Will be responsible for the health and safety of all shop employees and report all incident injuries and accidents immediately.
- Will represent the Welding Shop and Sheet metal areas in ES&H and be a part of Fabrication Services Safety committee and its activities and initiatives.
- Reports to the General Supervisor of Fabrication Services and supervises Master Welders, Master Sheet metal Workers, Maintenance Metal Workers, Metal Cutters, Helpers, and their Group Leaders.
- Must be able to provide support to other departments at BNL in welding related issues internally and externally as well as stakeholders.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The Multi-Trade Supervisor requires the equivalence of a technical institute or associates degree in a related scientific or technical field, considerable technical and job relevant training, and a minimum of ten (10) years related experience in a welding related field which includes demonstrated technical leadership.
- Position requires a strong welding background as well as advanced knowledge of sheet metal and maintenance metal fabrication methods.
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills.
- Must be capable of securing a Certified Welding Inspectors Certification as well as an SNT Level II certification for Dye Penetrant and Magnetic Particle inspection.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with Microsoft office.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
- Experience with CNC programming and the use of AutoCad or an equivalent program is helpful.
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, apply online at www.bnl.gov and click Jobs, then click Search Job List and apply to job #16271.
- Medical Plans
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Retirement Plan
- On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
Brookhaven National Laboratory is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce.
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy. The DOE was...