This position (interactive, UX/UI professional) will connect the dots between business needs, innovation and good design. This position will be instrumental in driving user experience from start-to-finish, delivering results and connecting to user emotions.
This expertise will contribute significantly to DCE’s design team.
• BA/BS in Interactive Design, Graphic Arts, HCI , Communication or closely related degree.
• Demonstrated 3+ year experience in front-end development and interactive design
• Strong online portfolio (websites, apps, email, rich media ads, etc.)
• Strong artistic, design, composition and typographic skills
• Strong knowledge of developing websites using front-end web technologies and web standards (HTML5, CSS3, SEO , and mobile/responsive design)
• Knowledge of User Experience (UX) best practices and deliverables including Sketching, Wireframing, Prototyping, Information Architecture, and general web strategy
• Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite applications, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter motivated to drive the industry in new directions, work independently with minimal supervision
• Superior attention to detail
• Experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. ExpressionEngine, Wordpress, Joomla, and/or Tumblr)
• Knowledge and implementation of micro-formats, media queries, geo-location and/or HTML5 Canvas
• Knowledge of Social Media Integration
Open Until Filled:
Internal/External Simultaneously: Open to all applicants
Special Instructions to Applicants:
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
SGC Center-DCE Office
North Dakota State University - 17 months ago