Will support a high-level web offering. Support includes:
* Designing complex websites.
* Developing web pages using web editing software (Macromedia Dreamweaver).
* Designing and developing products that incorporate full-motion video, sound, text, and graphics for the web using video editing software (Final Cut Pro and iMovie).
* Developing solutions for effectively delivering video on the website on multiple browsers and devices.
* Managing transmittal and display of live video feeds from vessels to the website.
* Developing interactive Google maps and other data displays.
* Training field staff in the use of video and image editing software.
* Working with the website managing editor and external contributors to obtain content, review offerings, and ensure upload in a timely manner.
* Designing and developing mobile site content and/or mobile applications.
* Troubleshooting, testing, and analyzing technical problems and determining solutions.
* Making recommendations for upgraded hardware, software, and other technical equipment purchases.
5+ years of multimedia and web design/development experience and must be:
* Proficient with video and audio editing software, including Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Motion, Compressor, iMovie, iTunes, QuickTime Pro.
* Experience with live web streaming.
* Experience with Google Maps or other interactive on-line visualizations
* Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite.
* Proficient with XML and associated technologies.
* Familiarity with cross-browser/cross-platform issues and 508 Web standards, particularly related to delivery of video.
* Knowledge of File Transfer Protocol (FTP) applications.
* Experience in mobile site and/or mobile app design and development and/or responsive web design.
* Ability to operate video and audio recording equipment
* Ability to research and learn new software and adapt to changes in technology
* Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team and to manage time to meet multiple project deadlines.
Must be able to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter the applicable government facility.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Web Design, related discipline, or equivalent.