The QMC Customer Engineering team has an immediate need for a Multimedia Engineer at our San Diego, CA facility. This Engineer will work alongside other Engineers working with internal and external Customer hardware supporting a variety of needs.
No travel need expected. Initial contract duration will be six months with an option to extend.
Candidate will be responsible to support android multimedia frameworks to low level kernel device drivers for Qualcomm customers. Document the drivers, framework features. Working with multiple teams video firmware, testing, Camera, display, power to help debug and resolve issues. Support QUALCOMM in the deployment of the integrated software to internal teams for verification and further development as well as commercial releases to external QUALCOMM customers.
Strong software engineering and programming skills in C
Good understanding of multimedia technologies
Familiarity with at least one of multimedia frameworks- Stagefright, Gstreamer, Directshow
1) Good understanding and excellent programming skills in Linux kernel internals and device drivers
2) Five years plus designing, debugging and documenting complex software applications
3) User space Programming expertise in Linux or any other OS in Multimedia domain
4) Experience with developing and debugging in real-time embedded software
6) Experience in C++ programming is a plus.
7) Familiarity with object-oriented design
8) Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
9) Experience in Java programming is a plus.
12) Mature interpersonal skills with an ability to collaboratively work with many varied teams and resolve problems spanning many disciplines.
13) Proven ability to work in a dynamic, multi-tasked environment
Required: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
Preferred: Master's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science or equivalent experience
Qualcomm - 10 months ago
QUALCOMM Incorporated, incorporated in 1985, designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services...